As an exclusive, this interview
was undertaken in person, in the remains of a downtown Police
Station. Many thanks to NECRA Public Relations for facilitating
Rosslessness is nothing like the NECRA operatives in the briefing videos. He hasn’t shaved in a couple of days, his non regulation trainers are almost falling apart and it seems the helicopter ride to the interview has left him feeling sick.
Rapace - Salutations, necra officer Rosslessness.
You are known to be the most active trader of Los Angeles county, perhaps you'd like to tell us more about the services you offer ?
Rosslessness - What is this? An advert? Not a lot to say really. I pick things up, I move them, I drop them off. It’s not that hard really. I just fill a need that’s out there. The trick is to be quick and reliable. I’m surprised more people don’t do it.
Is being a trader a vocation for you, or just a way to pursue your own goals ?
For me it’s entirely about self-interest. But it’s a two way thing. I achieve my goals by helping others achieve theirs. It’s something I just fell into last year, seems that I had a natural gift for this way of life. One trade often leads to another. Its no coincidence that I’ve got 200+ research samples.
Your large experience of trading probably give you a better idea than most of us have on the value of things, offer and demand, etc... Can you tell us more about the market ?
The county is a big place, and
everyone has different idea of what’s valuable. This changes over
time as well. Early on, operatives need basics necessities to keep
their survivors alive, later on as they grow in confidence and
ability they need upgrades, weapons and research items.
Also different styles mean different needs. I don’t use a lot of rifle ammunition, so when I find it, I know that’s something I can trade to those who do.
Out of being a trader, you are also known for your generosity, and are said to often give supplies for free to rookie operatives, is that true ? How do you conciliate this humanitarian work with your commercial activities ?
If I have stuff to spare, of course I will give it to new operatives. The first few days are the hardest, and you never know how far any operative will go. I would rather have active operatives finding all those things I really need, and owing me a favour. First impressions count for a lot.
You were the
first ranked at the end of the Zombocalypse Simulation Program,
what are the main lessons you retained from this experience ? Do
you miss this first place ?
Honestly, first place was a huge burden. The only reason I held on to the placement was keeping my survivors alive, so I guess that is my advice. Good planning and a cautious attitude are all you really need.
survivors haven't killed anyone yet, do you plan to remain
No longer true actually. I had a request from a veteran to finish off their squad the other day, and I duly obliged. Things like this happen a lot. I field a lot of strange requests, from keeping items safe, requests to destroy specific safehouses, transporting items over huge distances and scouting help. Generally I don’t kill anyone who doesn’t specifically ask me to do it, but there’s always a chance there will be an exception.
Your Originals faction is known to also count some far more aggressive operatives among its ranks, like Mr-Sivart, Colette or Lazette, how are your relations with them ? Do you have something to add to what Mr-Sivart said of your group policies on killing in last issue ?
First of all it’s not really “Mine”. Secondly, it’s complicated. My relations with everyone are fine, I guess. But trying to steer any members in a direction would be like herding cats, so it’s never done. It’s important to remember there is no one way to succeed in Los Angeles, my route is no better than any other.
How do you feel when your own faction mates kill your clients (or the young operatives you help) ? Has it happened that their behavior created problems during your trades ?
Strangely there’s very little crossover, those operatives who ask questions and undertake trades are not the ones who leave their survivors sitting in the streets, or leave their safehouses undefended. Good operatives learn from mistakes, and there are ways of dealing with loss. I’m more than happy to supply guns and ammo to anyone who feels they’ve been wronged.
The Originals being a group of individuals more than what can be called an alliance, are you conducting some personnal diplomacy out of this group ? Do you have particular allies (or rivals) ?
It’s a faction in name only, in all honesty. A private faction channel, a few shared safehouses and a name goes a long way. It’s a place to double check things, share information and intelligence and try and keep powerful operatives away from each other. Every few days there’s another dispute, another problem, and its best to talk these things through. It’s much more of an Embassy than an army. Plus it’s always reassuring to know that if I did need help, there would be half a dozen people with SAWS willing to lend a hand.
You are the main sponsor of the first writing contest after the Zombocalypse, how did you have this idea ? Do you plan to organize more contests in the future ?
We need all the information we can, we need to preserve the past for future generations. I will do anything I can do to protect what little we have left.
Expect more items in the future. Information is a far better ammunition than even .50bmg. Although, if you’ve got some spare, I don’t mind looking after it.
-> French version.
Rapace - You are the leader of the Frenchies an important group of francophone operatives, what decided you to create this faction ?
Comments on the french chat, mostly. A lot of francophones have express the desire to be in a group with other french speakers. So, as there was no french faction, I created it.
During the Zombocalypse Simulation Program there were already some important francophone factions, like Duck Rydaz or Tuez les Tous, were you members of these groups ?
In my case no.
Out of gathering french speakers what are the objectives of your organization ?
Mainly mutual assistance, to help rookie operatives in their work by providing them some tools: trade forum, map, news reports, etc.
Would you define yourself as a collectivist faction or a gathering
of individuals ?
This is clearly a gathering of
individualities. Members are involved at different levels
depending on their will / time / resources.
Tell us more about your ideals... Do you reprove, for example, the
killing of living beings ?
The faction itself has no specific
policy. Players make their own choices.
Personally, I disagree with the killing of human beings. The zeds kill themselves enough survivors, why help them ?
What are your faction policies do you have particular allies or enemies ?
The faction is neutral. Some operators feel the need to defend a territory, but these are individual choices.
As the only leader are you the person taking all important decisions, or is your faction more democratic ?
I only have the title of "Leader" . Having the time, I just put resources available for francophones. If the faction works is mainly because its members manage themselves.
Is there a particular are you consider as your demesne ?
Not yet. We are currently looking
for a place to establish some bases for our trade but it is not
easy to find.
Something you'd want to add ?
A big thanks to the Los Angeles Deadly!
Rapace - Vous êtes le leader des frenchies, un important groupe d'opérateurs d'origine francophone, qu'est ce qui vous a décidé à créer cette faction ?
- Des commentaires sur le chat
francophone essentiellement. Beaucoup de francophones ont emis le
désir de se regrouper et comme il n'existait pas de faction
adaptée, je l'ai créée.
- Déjà du temps de la simulation de zombocalypse destinée à former les futurs opérateurs (hrp : la closed beta) les factions francophones, Duck Rydaz et Tuez les tous, étaient parmi les plus importantes, étiez vous membres de ces groupes ?
- En ce qui me concerne non.
- En dehors de rassembler les francophones, quels sont les objectifs de votre faction ?
- L'entraide principalement pour permettre aux opérateurs francophones débutants d'apprécier le jeu en mettant à leur disposition des outils: forum d'échange, carte, bulletins d'informations, etc..
- Vous définiriez vous plutôt comme une faction collectiviste ou un rassemblement d'individualités ?
- C'est clairement un rassemblement d'individualités. Les membres participent à la faction à des niveaux différents selon leur volonté / temps / moyens.
- Dites nous en plus à propos de vos idéaux. Réprouvez vous par exemple les meurtres d'êtres vivants ?
- La faction en elle-même n'a pas de politique propre. Ce sont aux joueurs de faire leurs choix.
Personnellement, je désapprouve les meurtres d'êtres vivants. Les zeds tuent bien assez de survivants seuls, pourquoi les aider ?
- Quelle est votre politique vis à vis des autres opérateurs et factions, avez vous déjà des alliés ou ennemis en particulier ?
- La faction est neutre. Certains opérateurs ressentent le besoin de défendre un territoire, mais ce sont des choix individuels en ce qui concerne la faction.
- En tant qu'unique leader des frenchies, comment dirigez vous votre faction, êtes vous la personne prenant la plupart des décisions ou vous considérez vous juste chargé d'appliquer celles du groupe ?
- De "Leader" je n'ai que le titre. Ayant du temps, j'ai juste mis des moyens à disposition pour les francophones puissent en profiter. Si la faction fonctionne, c'est surtout par ses membres qui s'auto-gérent.
- Y a t'il une région en particulier que vous ou votre faction considérez comme votre domaine ?
- Pas encore. Nous cherchons actuellement un endroit où établir quelques bases pour nos échanges mais ce n'est pas facile à trouver.
* Quelque chose que vous souhaiteriez ajouter ?
- Un grand merci au Los Angeles Deadly News !
(Return to Cover Page) (Comment on wotld forum)